Monday, September 22, 2008

The Weekend Update

So this weekend was productive and busy! It was great fall weather and sunny. While I try to keep things together all the time this weekend was just one of those weekends when it all came together pretty effortlessly. Alright, maybe not effortlessly but with effort and less hectic stressful moments. *Sigh* I hope it carries over to this week.

Saturday
I spent a bit of the day organizing toys and moving toys into Emily's new playroom. Ah, at last a room for her and all her toys so as not to over take the family living room. I cleaned some too knowing that Emily's babysitter was coming that night to give us adults some adult time with adult conversation. Add into the mix a late afternoon football game. Jake's game was at 5 and ALMOST went into overtime. He got back from the game with Gus at 7:45pm and the babysitter was going to be here at 8! A little panicky but no worries because Jake was suppose to go spend the night at a friend's house. He ate dinner fast and showered fast and we were out the door at 8:15. Emily loves her babysitter and went to her right away! I hope it says like this always and forever. Jonathan was doing is usual, TV, eating, games, eating, running, eating, TV, eating. Did I mention eating? He sneaks food, is constantly hungry and always eating. I remember when I would say, "I wish he would just eat." "One day I will have to tie the food down". The day has come. He is a non stop eating, still skinny, 14 yr old. Jake is right behind him. At our current rate it is 2 gallons of milk and 2 gallons of OJ a week. The OJ could easily be 5 gallons but I refuse! Good thing I have a membership to Costco. Someday soon that is going to become my regular grocery store. *sigh*

Sunday
Jake gets home after church. We all get ready and leave for lunch. After lunch we go to BJ's a Costco style store. We now have memberships to two warehouse style stores. The thing I like about BJ's is that you can use their coupons, plus vendor coupons. I saved $8 on a box of Pampers! I like it because they carry Emily's stuff and Costco doesn't. They have more of the brands we eat plus they have antibiotic, hormone free meats! SCORE! After our trip, Emily feel asleep and I cleaned out the frig/freezer. These shopping trips force you to do that. I mean with the over sized boxes you kinda have no choice.

My parents came over and my dad helped get the last of Gus' single guy toys out of Emily's new playroom. Ah, the Foosball table. It is now in the garage. Gus posted it on Craigslist and after researching how much it is and how much to post it for I was floored. That hunk of bachelor moments is over $800. Come on! For a Foosball table! At least it was a gift from a boss and I don't have to question his spending decisions. With that out of Emily's new room it was onto the desktop/server. There really isn't another place to put this in the house. While no one really uses the desktop, Gus does use it for administrative purposes. Gotta keep it. Gus went to Home Depot to make a door for the bottom of the desk to cover the CPU and speakers. The door is basic but he started painting it last night with chalkboard paint so in turn it will be a little area for her to draw on. Her room is already full of toys. I need to come up with some type of container solution. I really should call Margaret. She is the container queen. It isn't her fault she has CDO. It is like OCD but with all the letters in order like they should be. :)
Well this was long winded! Another new week full of stuff to do! I hope it flows like my weekend did.

My newest signature....

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie