Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Have You Zumba?



So I get this email from one of these moms clubs that I am a part of to join them for a Ladies Night Out at a dance fitness studio. It sounded interesting and I went to the site to check it out. I much prefer dance class or dancing as a form of exercise so the name of the studio is what intrigued me the most. While on the site I notice that they have Zumba. If you have never Zumba it is a Latin infused workout dance routine and so right up my ally. Hard to believe but true that just a mere 2 1/2 years ago I was Latin style dancing two to three times a week. I love it! I decide to try the class the very next day which was yesterday.

I am in the studio and it reminds me of all those years of going to ballet, tap, and jazz. Wall to wall mirrors so you can't miss yourself flapping fat across the room....not fun now. The music starts and I think this is going to be such fun since I even know the music. Perfect! I zumba, I modified zumba, and I am zumba sore. Everything hurts and I realize how ridiculously out of shape I am. I am going back today too. While it hurts now, I just know this is the type of workout that I can commit to. On a side note, Emily did great at the daycare and even had her morning ritual poop there too. Sorry ladies.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie