Saturday, August 23, 2008

The whirlwind has begun!

So school started two weeks ago and my life has just been spinning. Let me take a moment to update you on all the events of the past two weeks.

School is going well. Jake started a new school and socially he has adjusted beautifully. Almost too well. The first week Jake got 3 circles for not controlling his talking. He ended up in the Reflection Room instead of recess on Friday to reflect on his behavior. The next week nothing! May be the stern conversation we had prior to school that morning and every morning this past week. I know he is my social silly boy but there is a time and place for that. He has made some friends in class, the reason for the circles, and has already been invited to sleep over at a classmate's house. He has been playing football three nights a week and is slowly fitting into the team. It is hard when the team has been playing for two years together. Last night we scrimaged with the team he used to be on for the past two years. It was great to see the boys, the coaches, and parents. Some of those boys were in my kindergarten class three years ago. They still hug me too. :) Jake starts religoius ed in two weeks so we will have more places to be.

Jonathan started school too and is doing well. He still seems unaware of a lot of stuff but I have been teaching him in the afternoon and he is much smarter than he even knows. I mean if only he worked to his potiental! I can't believe he is going to be 15 in April. I got my learner's permit at 15 and there is NO WAY that he will.

Here is our weekly schedule
M school, football 6:30-8:30, religous ed 6:15-7:30
T school, football 6:30-8:30
W school, religious ed 6:30-7:45
Th school, football 6:30-8:30
F school, nothing. Whew!
S football game
S Errands and start all over again!

At some point we are adding in a sport for Jonathan( not sure if it will be karate, swimming, or fencing) Actually it wont be fencing at $250 a month not happening now.

Then there is baby Emily. Ahhh...little Emily. Two weeks shy of turning one she is learning to be mobile. She took her first steps this week. Check out the dark video. You can see her in her glory. Since taking those steps she has done it maybe five more times. She isn't very interested in it. We try to get her to do it but she collapses her legs. Fine with me...I don't want her to walk until she is two. She is very attached to me. She is a silly little girl and is learning to hold up 1 finger when I ask how old she is going to be. Here are some pictures of her making faces for the camera. She has started making faces instead of smiling. So silly.







Gus is busy working and providing. He is such a hard worker and then wants to be lazy and hang out when he is home. I forver have a list of projects and it just keeps getting longer and longer. I need a handyman. He has recently taught a student from his hometown and we have invited them to Emily's party. It will be nice for him to have a friend that can relate and appreciate where he has come from and how much he has done. We have been very tired lately. Addiction to the Olympics will wipe you out. We have been staying up past midnight to see all the big events. This has been an amazing Olympics.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie