Monday, August 11, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

So today is the 1st day of school! Normally I would be energized for this day as I would be receiving students in my own class, but not today! Today is technically the first true day of being home as a sahm. Jake loves today. Every year he is exciting to start and to see his room, teacher, and go to lunch. This year is different. He is going to a new school. He didn't give me any trouble. He woke up, picked out his clothes, ate, got ready, and was ready to roll out 10 minutes before it was time to go. Let me set the stage. The bus parks ONE house down from our house until it is time to go to the first stop. I decided to walk him to the stop that is up a hill and probably a 2-3 minute walk,no biggie. I get there, Jake sees his friend that is going on to middle school, and then the bus arrives! Jake jumps on board with little less than "bye mom" (I guess he was excited!) and I ask the driver if I could send Jake to the bus by our house and the driver said, "no". I am thinking, huh? Why not? I would imagine that when it rains this would be more convenient. I wouldn't have to drag Emily out unnecessarily. Seems ridiculous. i guess I have to go through transportation at the county. :| Jonathan officially starts school tomorrow and i start teaching literature at home in the afternoon. Lord help me...seriously help me! Add to the mix football practice every night this week and coordinating enrichment classes for Jake's school...this week is going to be busy! Whew! I'll keep you posted on the 1st day of school and how it went.

This weekend was keep close to home. We hung out at home most of the weekend. How could we leave the Olympics were on! I am frustrated with the schedule and that there is just a general schedule and not a time frame of events. Grrr! The DVR has helped a lot. We fast forward to the events that we want to see. Phelps! Holy cow! Did anyone else see the too close for words smack down against France! Awesome! Anyhoo... Saturday I got sucked into Target...my little heaven and went out to eat at a local pizzeria. Sunday we hung out all day until around 4. We ran a ridiculous number of errands in a 2 hour window. We went to the bank, Sears, Target(for a return, I ALWAYS have a return), BabiesRUs for a sad :( return (Emily's jogging stroller that I have had for 2 months was messed up as the front wheel was not swiveling correctly) but I did buy a new light weight stroller, and then off to dinner. We went to a Chinese restaurant and OMG barf! First, the name Dynastic China. Huh? Dynastic? Is that a word? They had a buffet...mistake 2. I don't really like buffets unless it is a soup, salad, pasta buffet. (Hmmm Sweet Tomatoes yummy!) They offered NY strip steak we ordered two. It was not NY strip unless that is suppose to be flat like a pancake. I am thinking it was a skirt or flank steak, maybe sliced dog j/k. Regardless that was nasty too! And finally the sign. Ah, yes the sign. Take what you eat and eat what you take. Crack me up, seriously this is a sign in the restaurant. I will say never again! Ever! Got home,Gus assembled the stroller, and Emily and I did a test ride. We took a stroll through the neighborhood and it drives nicely! A little more Olympic watching and off to bed. Uneventful but nice weekend. And that is the recap!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the first day of school! This year was hard though, I was working and didn't get to see the kids off. I'm glad they are back in school, gives them someone else to talk to, they get to see their friends, not stuck with their sisters/brother all day to fight and argue with. Makes evenings a little calmer here!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie