Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interview Me!

So my blogger friend Denise participated in a interview of sorts from a friend and then asked for participants to interview. Here I am and here are Denise's questions for me.

1. How are you emotionally feeling about the new baby on the way?
I have my moments where I wonder if Emily will be jealous or shafted from having a baby in the house when she is barely shy of being two. I wonder how I will juggle the two little ones and my older ones, house, myself, my husband, and our relationship. Those tend to be fleeting thoughts though. For the most part I am excited to see Emily as a sister, to complete our family, and to enjoy this new journey.

2. I love your daughter's name (for obvious reasons)...what made you pick it?
Sidenote- Denise's daughter's name is Emily too. To be honest Emily was a name that came after a lot of discussion and disagreements. We both wanted to name her a different name but due to family drama we didn't. Gus would have but I didn't feel right like that name was tainted with these ugly comments. So we decided not tell anyone the name and wait till delivery to tell them to avoid any more opinionated and dramatic responses. We are doing the same with this baby too. As far as Emily came to be...I liked the name, suggested it, Gus was kinda "eh" and then one day said that he liked it and that was it. I love that her name means to strive or excel or rival. I want her to be her name...to excel and strive and be a rival of sorts. I also like that it is girly and a name that is sweet as a child and still professional as an adult.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself - what would it be?
I think it would be to be more motivated. I tend to get ideas, start, and then stop. I want to be able to follow through completely.

4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
If you can believe it Jonathan will be 23 yrs old and Jake will be 19 yrs old. So I see myself scouting colleges with Jake, praying for Jonathan during his independence, helping Emily sort the middle school drama (she'll be twelve) and watching this little one get ready to move from elementary school to middle school. I think I will be sad that the last one will be making that transition and that there is no more little ones in the house. I also think I will be exhausted between carpooling the two of them. That was a scary question.

5. If you could give advice to a new mother, what would you say?
As a experience mother I would say to get into a routine, learn to say no, and focus on your family. I also recommend limiting visitors as it will wear you out.

That was so fun. It's your turn. If you want to be interviewed leave me a comment and make sure I can email you. I will send you some questions to answer and blog about. So, can I ask you a question?

1 comments:

Krissy said...

Hi Susan. You can interview me, if you like! My email is tiggerpurrkins24@yahoo.com. Can't wait, I'm always looking for new things to blog!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie